AIM OF OUR PROJECT- We as a group felt that Mental health is an important aspect of well being that needs to be taken care of in these unprecedented times. Therefore, through this project we aim to spread awareness, take sustainable actions which have an impact on various age groups and inspire people to follow mental hygiene.
SUSTAINABLE ACTIONS TAKEN BY THE GROUP
1. Guest Speaker sessions by experts and doctors in the field of Mental Health to spread awareness- Dr. Ruchita Bhat and Dr. Niharika.
2. Mindfulness session for peers
3. Gratitude Journal- A two-week gratitude journal challenge for 20 adults
4. Mental Health Kit- which included several exercises that can be used as mental first aid- sent out to 15 children
5. Sponsored healthcare and education of an underprivileged girl with Cerebral Palsy
6. DIY stress ball for adults.
7. Social media awareness- a) Eye exercises on Instagram b) You-Tube videos on mental disorders
ATL SKILLS DEVELOPED
Research skills, Organisational skills, Technological skills, Communication skills, Social Skills, and several others.
We developed the skill to be sensitive, observant, and empathetic towards people around us.