GSL Membership is open to all schools (serving young people aged 11 to 17) from around the world who share our vision.
To help cover the costs of the support we provide, we ask all member schools to contribute an annual membership fee.
For the 2023-24 academic year, the cost of membership is £1,700.
- We offer an early bird discount of 10% to schools that pay their membership fee prior to 1st July, bringing the fee down to £1,530.
- We also offer a school group discount for groups of 5 or more schools, please contact us or book a call with our team for further details.
- Our membership is designed to support direct impact on 100 students and 2 teachers, as well as indirect whole-school and local community impact. With this in mind, the cost is from £17 per student who participates in GSL (depending on the number of students engaged in GSL).
We are committed to ensuring that GSL membership is accessible and inclusive to all schools, regardless of their size or funding status. If your school will struggle with the cost of membership, we invite you to apply for a bursary from the Future Fund, please find below further details.
School membership fees are due annually; the membership year runs from 1st July to 30th June.
Invoices for fees are raised and collected in £ sterling (GBP) following application.
We are committed to ensuring that GSL membership is accessible and inclusive to all schools, regardless of their size or funding status.
If your school will struggle with the cost of membership and meets our below criteria, we invite you to apply for a bursary from the Future Fund, to cover some of the cost of membership.
We will typically consider a bursary application from schools that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- State-funded schools
- Small schools (below 200 students in the whole school)
- Low-cost (below £1,000 annual fees) schools in the Least Developed Countries
Following registration or during an introductory call we will share details of how to apply to the Future Fund.
Our bursary fund is currently limited, and we’re working with our partners to secure additional funding to ensure that GSL remains accessible to everyone. To help us achieve this, we kindly request that schools only apply for a bursary if they’re unable to afford the full membership fee.
Unfortunately, unless we have a specific funder for your area, country, or region, we typically cannot offer 100% bursaries. We are doing everything we can to make GSL available to as many schools as possible, but we must prioritize those who need it the most.
If you are unsure if you are eligible, please do book a call to discuss your school’s circumstances.
We’re here to help and support you in any way we can.