Main concern of our team is to improve the quality of education in under privileged schools in Sri Lanka. For this year’s project we have selected Iriyaminna Junior School in Kurunegala District. From these interviews and from our own observations we identified several problems
- Absenteeism of students
- Students with learning difficulties
- Unpleasant look of school premises
- Improper sanitary facilities
- Not having a teacher to teach English language
- Not having a library for students extra needs
Absenteeism is mainly caused by parents irresponsibility. So we decided to have several awareness programs with the help of councilors an other professionals to make the parents understand the importance of education.