ABOUT Lead Teacher toolkit
We believe that at the heart of quality education are teachers who are at the forefront of ensuring learners’ success. Educators remain key actors in facilitating learners’ transition to sustainable ways of work and a flourishing life.
This is why we have designed a bespoke toolkit for Lead Teachers supporting GSL in our member schools.
Included in our school membership are opportunities for Lead Teachers to:
- Participate in Lead Teacher Connect & Share events to connect with like-minded peers from across the world
- Access to training videos with activities and insights on supporting students plan and implement their social action project
- Access to the Lead Teacher Handbook
Our Lead Teacher Toolkit is designed to support the role of a Lead Teacher:
- Support their students’ development and growth to be leaders in their lives and in their communities
- Support their students with their social action projects and their journey to make an impact in their community
The development of the Lead Teacher Toolkit is led by our GSL Team and Dr Katy Granville-Chapman and draws upon her work and research as a Teaching Fellow at the University of Oxford’s Department of Education, a Research Fellow at the Oxford Character Project, and Senior Fellow of the network at the Human Flourishing Program, Harvard University. Katy’s doctorate, which she completed at Oxford University, focused on leadership and flourishing, and Katy is passionate about sharing all she is learning with teachers, empowering them to lead and enable the flourishing of staff, students and themselves. Katy is the co-founder of GSL and a Deputy Head at Wellington College.
We will be announcing course details and event dates by 1st September when we launch our new school membership.
Click here to find out more about membership for your school.