We believe that at the heart of quality education are teachers who are at the forefront of ensuring learners’ success. Educators remain key actors in facilitating learners’ transition to sustainable ways of work and a flourishing life.
This is why we deliver a CPD programme for teachers supporting GSL in our member schools.
Included in our school membership are opportunities for teachers to:
- Participate in Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Attend Connect events with teachers around the world providing opportunities to connect with like-minded peers
- Access resources and further support from the GSL Team
Our CPD is designed to support the role of a Lead Teacher:
- Support their students’ development and growth to be leaders in their lives and in their communities
- Support their students with their social action projects and their journey to make an impact in their community
Our CPD for teachers and Lead Teacher development is led by our GSL Team and Dr Katy Granville-Chapman and draws upon her work and research as a Teaching Fellow at the University of Oxford’s Department of Education, a Research Fellow at the Oxford Character Project, and Senior Fellow of the network at the Human Flourishing Program, Harvard University. Katy’s doctorate, which she completed at Oxford University, focused on leadership and flourishing, and Katy is passionate about sharing all she is learning with teachers, empowering them to lead and enable the flourishing of staff, students and themselves. Katy is the co-founder of GSL and a Deputy Head at Wellington College.
We will be announcing course details and event dates by 1st September when we launch our new school membership.
Click here to find out more about membership for your school.