Pedal Power is a student based initiative that aims to create clean energy through cycling. The produced energy is stored in battery units and donated to families that can not afford generators amidst the electric and economic crisis Lebanon is facing. These batteries can be recharged in stations that we designed using prototypes of bike stations we structured with the help of our teachers and colleagues. To generate the electricity, we sent mass emails to students in the IC community to volunteer and pedal. With the positive feedback we received from our volunteers, we designed a fundraising strategy that consists of a competition to build a projector prototype with the winning projector screening a documentary and movie related to our mission. To due to the restrictions imposed by the pandemic, we could not assemble a final prototype. However, we have designed a virtual prototype and are ready to assemble it whenever the health and economic situation improves.
Our vision is a community of schools and partners committed to building a global movement of socially conscious young people who are equipped to be leaders in their lives and society.
We believe we need to transform education.
Join us to catalyse change in schools and communities.
Our Impact so far
– 3,500 Social Action Projects delivered
– 105 countries represented
– 10,000 young people & 1,500 teachers have participated
– 1,000 schools have joined
– 110,000 social action hours volunteered
Global Social Leaders is powered by Future Foundations
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Telephone: +44 (0)20 34 32 34 50
– Chat: click here
– Head Office: 2A Stormont Road, Battersea, London, SW11 5EN, United Kingdom