Partner & Guest Speaker registration
We are excited to invite you to register to be a Partner and/or Guest Speaker for our GSL Summer Programme @ Home.
- PARTNER: We are inviting organisations (our focus is on Charities, NGOs and other VSOs however we are open to all types of organisations) who share our vision, are creating a positive social impact and want to collaborate to inspire a generation of socially conscious leaders. Click here to register interest.
- GUEST SPEAKER: We are inviting individuals who share our passion and commitment, and have a story or skill to share with young people, to register to be a guest speaker, during our Catalyst Courses. Click here to register interest
This summer, we are supporting over 2000 young people from 150 UK schools to become leaders in their lives and society. Our summer programme is fully-funded for students to take part by Innovate UK.
The students aged 11-15 will take part in our GSL leadership course. Following this, drawing on the UN’s SDGs, young people will be challenged to engage, explore and execute actions to support organisations who work to improve the lives of people and the state of the planet. They will be supported to take local Place-based action(s). Our team will support students to independently learn and complete challenges in their own time.
If you have any questions, prior to registering please email: Amy Mander, Head of GSL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Following participating in our GSL Catalyst Course, our young people will be supported to take part in ‘Independent Leadership Challenges’.
They will take one or more of the following actions:
- PLEDGE – to raise funds for the charity or organisation
- PUBLISH – write a blog, a short report (2 pages), a poster or a 3 minute digital submission to support in raising awareness about the organisation and the work they do
- POWER – support/amplify a campaign that the partner is running already or start a campaign to build more support for their work
We need your help…you can…
- Set a challenge to our young people (aligned with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals)
This could be a challenge you are already running or you can create one specifically for our young people! We are happy to help you design this.
To launch the challenge we would like you to create a 5 minute video (we can help you record this) outlining in simple terms:
- What does your organisation do?
- Why do you do it?
- How do you do it?
- What is the challenge?
- What evidence would you like to see them submit?
- Share content and curriculum to help inform their challenge
We also invite you to:
- Nominate guest speakers from your team or network to support our leadership course or the challenge(s)
- Support our young people by providing access to wider opportunities
As a GSL Partner you will join an incredible network of organisations and people supporting a movement of socially conscious leaders.
To register your interest please click here to open the registration page.
Please note: We will select challenges for this programme to share with the young people, that complement each other and are ready to be shared. If we are unable to share your challenge for this programme, we will keep in mind your challenge for future programmes.
During registration, you can also express interest, in being involved in our wider movement. For example, you can become a GSL GG Hero and support our global community of young change makers. Last year we had over 600+ schools from 100+ countries around the world, take part.
GUEST SPEAKER (INDIVIDUALS)
During the programme, the students will hear from a range of inspiring guest speakers including young people who are taking action, partner organisations and community leaders.
We would like to invite individuals to Click here to register interest.
We have the opportunity for guest speakers to join our 5-day (morning) Catalyst Courses, which take place on the following dates:
- Cohort 1 – 27th-31st July
- Cohort 2 – 3rd-7th August
- Cohort 3 – 10th-14th August
Our guest speaker space is from 11:00 to 11:45.
You can register interest in speaking in one or more cohorts.
We only have limited Guest Speaker places, so if we are not able to offer you a guest speaker spot for this programme, we will keep you in mind for future programmes, and thank you for registering with us.