We are delighted to share a blog written by student Shravani, from Z.P.UPPER PRIMARY CENTRE SCHOOL, ASARALLI, INDIA, delivering a Global Goals project for the 2020-21 GSL Global Goals Competition.
Their project is among over 957 social action projects currently running as part of the GSL movement and we are excited to be supporting them to design and lead positive social change in their community.
Project slogan: “We all are makers of human life”
- No Poverty – We need strong human means economically, mentally and educationally. Our project works toward the ‘no poverty way’ because poverty is one of the biggest hurdles in the way of human sustainable life.
- Good Health and Well-being – Everyone needs good health and well being for development of a good nation for future so our project works on this with strong activities.
- Quality Education – Every child needs quality education and every school should have responsibility for Quality Education with a happy learning process. We need to students to stay and connect with school so that they don’t leave.
- Gender Equality – Now is the time that girls and boys – man and women walk together in gender equality for the progress of the nation aim.
- Clean Water and Sanitation – Water is needed for our life, but we need clean water. It’s very important to save the clean water for a healthy life.
I developed leadership skills of the society for the goodness. I understand the responsibility of the human being work, and work on selected GSL Global Goals. I learned way of the life for global thinking and learn a team work.
The biggest challenge I have faced is the negativity of people about the social problems. Most people think its not our work to carry out. But I am strongly connected with my selected global goals and am working to achieve them using creativity, ideas and activities.
Our Next Chapter
I want to connect and get involved with people my age because its a need of the global future and everyone should know the responsibilities of the global social goals.
My call to actions:
- Awareness of the project of GSL.
- Workshop about a project goals.
- Use of the social media for the joining the people.
- Use of the activity and posters and short films for call to action for them.
Social Media Channels
The 2020-21 GSL Global Goals Competition is now open and runs until June 2021. If you belong to one of the 500+ teams of students currently delivering a social action project as part of the competition we would love to hear from you and feature your blog and project photos on our website to inspire others.