Young leaders aged 11 to 18 attending a COBIS school, will be able to attend, a virtual leadership weekend from 13th to 15th November 2020.
The COBIS GSL Catalyst has been curated for socially active and creative young people. During the course students will build leadership, future world of work skills and confidence.
Course aims and outcomes:
- Develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values students’ need today to thrive in and shape their world (OECD LEARNING COMPASS)
- Nurture wellbeing
- Develop the skills to implement real social action challenges, and projects and learn about the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
- Connect students around the world who attend COBIS schools
After the course, the participants will be challenged to start your own social action project working in a team of 3 to 7 students which will make tangible changes within school and the community (local, national or global). They will be invited to enter the GSL Global Goals Competition, click here to find out more.
Schools will be able to book a group to take part, or share the opportunity with their students, allowing them to register direct with parent consent.
The course will be delivered in two time zones:
- 8:00 to 11:00 UK British Summer Time (BST) OR
- 15:00 to 18:00 UK British Summer Time (BST)
This will allow for as many students globally to attend at a time that works for them. These timings are indicative and will be confirmed when we open enrolment.
The course is organised by Future Foundations and the Wellington Leadership Institute, Co-Founders of Global Social Leaders in partnership with COBIS.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is designed for COBIS member schools only.
The course price and what this includes:
- From £175 for individual bookings (early bird pricing)
- This includes taking part in the weekend course, access to content post-programme, independent challenges, graduation, individual named certificate, participation in the GSL global goals competition, and invitation to join GSL fellowship.
Find out more:
Future Foundations will shortly launch a dedicated course website with further information and the opportunity to register for a place on this course. In the meantime we invite schools, students and parents to register interest by emailing our team (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will contact you when registration opens.
– ENDS –