Students from BACA, PACA, DACA and Darwen Vale took part in the programme. The GSL Bootcamp helped to boost student’s confidence and wellbeing, especially in these challenging times of a global pandemic. They attended a virtual one day programme with our fantastic coaches Nadia and Maya. The students worked together to identify local and global issues they were passionate about and how they could take action to make a real difference in their local community. They then had 30 days to carry out the challenge of bringing this action to reality and the programme finished with the bang at an online graduation where we celebrated all the achievements of the students and showcased a selection of their projects.
- Brandon raised money, through doing household chores and bought Easter treats for all the children at a local refuge.
- Olivia did a sponsored bike ride to raise money for The Climate Coalition
- Ailsa created a blog raising awareness of pollution and sharing ideas to encourage people to be more eco friendly.
- Alice created an equality campaign for girls’ football – created a dedicated Instagram page.
- Rosie used re-cycled objects and creativity to create a ‘Save The World’ poster (pictured above!)