We are delighted to share a blog written by Loshini Shankar, a student at M.C.T.M International school who is part of a team delivering a Global Goals project for the 2018-19 Global Goals Competition.
Their project is among over 620 social action projects currently running as part of the GSL movement and we are excited to be supporting them to design and lead positive social change in their community.
The aim of our project is to bring awareness to the current generation about their modern lifestyle and how it affects their health and manner of Living. While sharing this, we also want them to know the fact that how healthy the 2people of the older generations were.
The modern food habit of our generation lacks nutritious diet leaving an unhealthy younger population on which the country confides. There are many natural home remedies which can cure the common aliments rather than going to hospitals and taking medicines.
We would like to recommend a balanced diet that keeps us healthy both physically and mentally. We are looking forward to create awareness amongst school children on the following issues :
- Encouraging Holistic health and wellbeing through a plant based diet and meditation
- To consume good drinking water( containing essential ions and minerals)
- To breathe in fresh air by encouraging indoor plants
- In day to day life how we can have a balanced amount of workout and rest
- Motivating home remedies which were used in the olden days to cure our common illnesses
- Exposing to alternative medicines
- Showing the ill effects caused by gadgets
But how will we present all of this information to our society?
Well, innovatively, we are doing this through a series of events.
- We will be showing and talking about all of the information above to a school in our neighborhood. After all, students are tomorrow’s leaders.
- Make short videos on each topic and share them via. Social media. (We have started posting on YouTube)
So, as a conclusion, we have started doing all of this, in order to make an impact on the way our society functions.
The entire project, was fun, and needed a lot of effort and energy, but at the end of the day, it’s great to have done something good to the society.
The challenges we faced is to coordinate with each other since we usually dont get time to plan and work on our project at school and all the work starts as soon as we reach home.
Meeting up is pretty hectic due to our exams coming next week. So it is hard to study and work on this social leading program at the same time.
However, we will not let that come in our way from doing what we can to improve the society by spreading awareness.
The Next Chapter
I speak for all of us when I say this project has definitely been a way of spending time, thinking about how the society functions, what it lacks, and what improvement can be made. We loved working together to film videos, do experiments and tests, spread awareness, make and bake, and talk and discuss. More than anything this project has been very fun and engaging and is definitely something I’d suggest people to try.
The 2018-19 GSL Global Goals Competition is now open and runs until June 2019. If you belong to one of the 700+ teams of students currently delivering a social action project as part of the competition we would love to hear from you and feature your blog and project photos on our website to inspire others.